“No man is an island“ this oft-cited quote has lost nothing of its significance in the highly technical and interconnected world of the 21st century. We all live and work in virtual and real networks. For our daily business, in addition to technical knowledge, we need social skills, such as intercultural collaboration skills, teamwork, interdisciplinary thinking and networking.
Therefore, as in previous years, VDI, The Association of German Engineers, is launching a qualification initiative for the technical and interdisciplinary support of young engineering students and young professionals; this time in cooperation with the Associação de Engenheiros Brasil - Alemanha, the Brazilian representative organization of VDI.
In the course of the project, a team of young engineers from both countries will develop perspectives for the future. The project members will receive a rough framework of activities but organize their work on the project independently and self-responsibly. The final report will be presented as feasible engineering project after one year at an international event to an international jury of high-level representatives of government, industry and academy.
The selection process will take place in several stages. The first phase involves the submission of the following written documents:
• Letter of motivation (max one page) in English, similar in form and content to an application letter and short curriculum vitae (max one page) in English as PDF;
• Applicants must agree to attend all appointments;
• Applicants must have a passport with a validity of at least 6 months (to travel). Please send a copy of your passport with the validity to us and make sure that you have a travel health insurance.
• To validate your application, the Academic Partnership Program requires a donation to SBA Girassol Pro Iniciative in the amount of R$10,00. More details will be avaliable on the confirmation email.
VDI will cover travel expenses and accommodation costs that occur as part of the project meetings (international air fares, hotels, meals)**. VDI recognizes diversity in our society as added value. Therefore, we endeavor to take account of mindset diversity in the composition of the project team. Applicants are therefore invited to provide information in the context within their application documents.
• Application via e-mail by 14th October, 0:00 CET 2018 / subject: "Project Food Security";
• National get-togethers (**on this stage, VDI will not fund any eventual transport, accommodation or meal expenses):
26. or 28. November 2018, IPT in São Paulo;
• First International Meeting:
04.-08. or 11.-15. February 2019, Germany;
• Second International Meeting:
21.-25. October 2019, German-Brazilian Engineers Day, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
The Association of German Engineers (VDI) develops engineering, technology and innovation solutions between Brazil and Germany.
We offer to academy and industry engineers a platform to co-create solutions to challenges that are usual on both countries. As a result of this technical discussion conducted by themed clusters, a great number of collaboration projects, publications, events, symposiums and courses are performed.
VDI ia a world-known association with its Head Office located in Germany, and has more than 155 thousand associates. It's the greater techno-scientific association of Europe.
*Corporative Associates that support our Academic Partnership Program: BASF, Bayer, B. GROB do Brasil, Chassis Brakes International Brasil, EDAG, HTB, IP Desenvolvimento Empresarial e Institucional, Lanxess, Mercedes-Benz, Prensas Schuler, Sabó, Siemens, Staufen Táktica, Trumpf, Voith, Vtech Consulting, Vulkan and ZF.